Big Time Sound Experienceand Small Town Customer Service ... with a smile!
Short Story Signature Cocktail
Frostbite: An Ivy Granger Psychic Detective Prequel Short Story
By E.J. Stevens
Narrated by Melanie A. Mason
1 ounce vodka
½ tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ ounce simple syrup
2 ounces tonic water
½ cup ice, crushed
¼ ounce blue curaçao
½ ounce homemade grenadine (or pomegranate syrup)
garnish: coarse sugar, restaurant-style crushed ice (optional)
1. Add the vodka, lime, and simple syrup to a shaker. Dry shake ingredients briefly to combine, then add tonic water and stir gently.
2. Coat the rim of a chilled glass with lime juice and coarse sugar, and add the grenadine to the bottom. Carefully add the crushed ice on top of the grenadine.
3. Pour the vodka and tonic mixture on top of the ice, then float the blue curaçao atop -- allowing it to incorporate into the drink naturally. For an optional clean finish, top with fresh restaurant-style crushed ice.
By John G. Hartness
Narrated by James Anderson Foster
2 ounces bourbon whiskey
½ ounce fresh lime juice
5–6 mint leaves, torn
2–3 large (or 5-6 small) blackberries
¾ ounce simple syrup
¼ ounce homemade grenadine (or ½ ounce pomegranate juice)
1 ounce club soda
garnish: black feather, mint, and blackberry
1. In a shaker, combine lime juice, mint leaves, and blackberries, and muddle until lightly crushed. Add bourbon, simple syrup, homemade grenadine (or pomegranate juice), and ice, then shake for 8-10 seconds.
2. Open pour full contents into a glass and top with club soda. Stir briefly, and garnish with mint leaves, blackberry, and a (clean) black feather.
1 ounce brandy
½ ounce benedictine
½ ounce amaretto
1-2 barspoons hot pepper syrup (to taste)
hot pepper syrup:
½ cup turbinado sugar
½ cup water
1 jalapeño pepper
1 serrano pepper
1. To make the syrup, remove the seeds and ribs from the peppers (discarding the flesh). Add sugar and water to a saucepan over medium-high heat, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add seeds/ribs, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes, then strain and refrigerate.
2. Pour the drink ingredients into a glass and stir well. Serve at room temperature.